Real Name: Olivia Colomar
Occupation: Gang member (formerly); Hacker; Terrorist
Base of Operations: Castillo, Mexico
Affiliation: Los Muertos (formerly); Talon
- Detects enemies with less than 50% health through walls
Sombra detects critically injured enemies through walls. This effect becomes active on an enemy if they fall below half health.
HOTKEY: LEFT CLICK or
Damage: 2.4 – 8 damage
Fire Rate: 20 per second
Reload Time: 1.5 seconds
Falloff Damange: 15 – 35 meters
Spread Angle: 2.7 degrees
- Deals 160 damage per second with all bodyshots (480 per clip)
- Avoid playing like Tracer because Sombra’s damage falloff is 15 meters
Sombra’s fully-automatic machine pistol fires in a short-range spread.
HOTKEY: Right CLICK or
Range: 15 m
Cast Time: 0.65 seconds
Duration: Enemies (6 sec), Health Packs (60 sec), other (10 sec)
Cooldown: Enemies (8 sec), Healthpack (4 sec), or 2 sec if interrupted
- Interrupted if damage is taken
- Barriers break LoS instantly but walls have a small grace period
- It is possible to hack an enemy for 17 seconds (Hack -> EMP -> Hack)
- Hacked Healthpacks respawn 4x faster
- Small (2.5)
- Mega (3.75)
Sombra hacks enemies to temporarily stop them from using their abilities, or hacks first aid kits to spawn faster and make them useless to her opponents. Taking damage interrupts the hacking.
HOTKEY: LEFT SHIFT or
Movement Speed: 8.8 m/s (+50%)
Cast Time: 0.7 seconds cloaking/uncloaking
Radius: Detected when an enemy is within 2 meters
Cooldown: 6 seconds
- Stealth voiceline can be heard from 15 meters away
Sombra becomes invisible for a short period of time, during which her speed is boosted considerably. Attacking, using offensive abilities, or taking damage disables her camouflage.
HOTKEY: E or
Cast Time: ~0.7 seconds
Projectile Speed: 19 m/s
Cooldown: 4 sec (2 sec if self-canceled)
- Don’t use exclusive as an escape tool. It is a repositioning tool that just happens to also create safety
- If the placement of your translocator would prevent you from shooting an enemy within 2 seconds of teleporting, it’s usually wrong
- If you get CCed, hold E and you’ll use it as soon as the game lets you, without having to spam. Helpful if you mess up and get Earthshattered or slept.
- Because Sombra can’t be hurt while translocating, use it to escape ultimates
- Translocator bounces off walls but not slopes
Sombra tosses out a translocator beacon. She can instantly return to the beacon’s location while it is active you can only have one beacon at a time. (including when it’s in mid-flight).
EMP (Ultimate Ability)
HOTKEY: Q or
Damage Radius: 15 m radius
Cast Time: 0.5 seconds
Duration: 6 seconds
- Try to interrupt ultimate combos. If Zarya uses her ultimate, EMP before Hanzo can Dragonstrike
- General EMP Strategy:
Be stealthed, have translocator off cooldown.
Throw translocator into the air above where you want the EMP to originate.
Press left click or Melee to decloak.
Translocate, and immediately ult.
Try to fall somewhere safe so you don’t instantly die. Having your damage around and continued hacks help with follow up.
Sombra discharges electromagnetic energy in a wide radius, destroying enemy barriers and shields and hacking all opponents caught in the blast.